London Black Taxis is a taxi booking service that undertakes to hire Licensed London Taxis under the following Terms & Conditions
A. General Terms and Conditions
Listed below are our “General Terms and Conditions”.
Additional “Terms and Conditions” may apply for specific services such as weddings, etc. See B. Additional Terms and Conditions.
1. A minimum fare of £30.00 is required on all journeys.
2. There is a £5.00 deposit to be paid (by credit/debit card) when the booking form is submitted, using “Sage Pay’s” 3D secure payment system.
Additional charges above the £5.00 deposit will be charged to the same credit/debit card on completion of the journey. The charge will be completed by our office staff; the driver will not ask for payment.
We do not accept any other form of payment other than credit/debit cards.
3. In addition to the meter fare, there is an additional 10% administration fee plus a £2 booking fee on all bookings, except where otherwise specified under B. Additional Terms and Conditions.
These additional charges conform to Transport for London guidelines.
4. London Black Taxis shall have no liability if the cost of a journey exceeds any taxi estimate given. Any taxi estimate given is supplied and accepted on the basis that it is an estimate only, net of any extras or fees and is based upon the traffic conditions and tariff in place at the booked time.
5. The charge on your credit.debit card statement will be listed as “London Black Taxis“.
6. When a prospective customer wishes to proceed on the basis of an estimate received they will make their booking using our online booking form, by telephone, by text message, or by email.
7. Every effort will be made by London Black Taxis to ensure that the taxi will arrive on time and reach destinations on time. London Black Taxis shall not be held responsible or liable for any delays (and/or arising consequential losses) that occur beyond its control.
8. The driver will travel by the most appropriate route on the day, unless instructed otherwise by the customer.
9. Our taxis are fully insured for passenger and third party claims under British Law, customer’s properties are carried entirely at their own risk and London Black Taxis shall not be held responsible/liable for any loss/damage to such property.
10. London Black Taxis and its drivers have the right to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or whose behaviour poses a threat to the driver, the vehicle, or other passengers, or the general public.
11. Regarding “Fixed Price Quotations,” if the driver has to wait more than 15 minutes for the passenger to arrive after the confirmed arrival time, then the “Fixed Price Quotation” will revert back to the full meter fare.
In other rare and exceptional circumstances “Fixed Price Quotations” will revert back to the full meter fare. For example, road closures, diversions causing unusually heavy traffic, and any other circumstances that are beyond the driver’s control and that result in a substantial addition to the expected journey time.
12. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions can affect the customer’s statutory rights.
13. We offer a “Suited and Booted” taxi driver service for an extra charge of £20.00 per journey.
14. Proceeding with a booking (either online, by email, by text message, or by telephone) infers that the customer has read and agreed to these “Terms & Conditions”.
15. Soiling Charge. There will be an additional £40 charge for soiling the taxi if it requires the taxi to be taken out of service for cleaning. This charge conforms to Transport for London guidelines.
16. Car Park Fees. When the booking requires the taxi to be parked in a Car Park (e.g. waiting for the customer at an airport), the customer will be charged the Car Park Fees in addition to the taxi fare.
17. For bookings made by telephone, the company requires the customer’s credit/debit card details to secure the booking. The company reserves the right to apply a deferred charge to the customer’s credit/debit card for the full amount before the booked date. This deferred charge is not an actual charge against the card but is a verification that the funds are available.
18. These Terms & Conditions are subject to change. Terms & Conditions in effect at the time of the booking will apply.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Listed below is our “General Cancellation and Refund Policy”.
Additional policies may apply for specific services (such as weddings, etc.) and are outlined in B. Additional Terms and Conditions below.
a. All changes and cancellations must be made by telephone to our main office tel:+44 (0)2030044953 or by email to email@example.com.
b. All deposits are non-refundable, unless London Black Taxis is not able to supply the service.
c. Our cancellation period is 2 hours, unless specified otherwise. If a confirmed booking is cancelled less than 2 hours before the scheduled pick-up time, a full charge for the estimated journey cost will be made to the customer’s debit/credit card.
d. If the driver arrives at the designated pick-up time and the customer is not present, a full charge for the estimated journey cost will be made to the customer’s debit/credit card.
e. London Black Taxis reserves the right to refuse any changes to bookings where the pickup point is outside the metropolitan area.
f. London Black Taxis reserves the right to refuse or cancel any booking.
B. Additional Terms and Conditions
Weddings, Tours, Film, Marhals, and Treasure Hunt Bookings.
1. It is the responsibility of the customer to verify the correctness of the booked date, time, pick-up location, drop-off location, and type of taxi or service required.
2. Bookings are not confirmed until the deposit has been paid and we reply to the customer with a confirmation email.
3. Deposits are non-refundable, unless we are unable to supply the service.
4. Our vehicles are maintained to the highest standards, but if there should be a breakdown, an unavoidable traffic delay, or if the vehicle is involved in an accident, we reserve the right to send an alternative vehicle.
Every effort will be made to communicate with the customer. If the substituted vehicle is of lesser cost, the difference will be refunded to the customer. If the customer chooses not to accept the substituted vehicle, only the difference in cost is refundable to the customer.
5. The minimum hire period depends on the type of taxi, service, and location of the booking. The minimum hire period will be agreed with the customer before the booking is confirmed.
6. Additional Time is billed as follows:-
Tour Bookings – by the quarter-hour
Film Bookings – by the quarter-hour
Treasure Hunt Bookings – by the quarter-hour
Taxi Marshal Bookings – by the quarter-hour
White Fairway Wedding Taxi – by the half-hour.
For all other Wedding Taxis – by the quarter-hour.
The charges will be applied to the customer’s credit/debit card after the booking is completed.
7. The balance due will be charged to the customer’s credit/debit card 14 days before the booked date. No refunds are made after this time.
8. When a booking is confirmed less than 14 days before the booked date, the entire amount due will be charged to the customer’s credit/debit card when the booking is confirmed. No refunds are made after this time.
9. Changes and or cancellations must be made asap by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Extra charges may apply for areas outside the M25. These charges will be quoted and agreed with the customer at the time of booking.
11. For bookings made by telephone, the company requires credit/debit card details to secure the booking.
The company reserves the right to apply a deferred charge to the customer’s credit/debit card for the full amount before the booked date.
This deferred charge is not a charge against the card but is a verification that the funds are available.
12. These Terms & Conditions are subject to change. Terms & Conditions in effect at the time of the booking will always apply.
London Black Taxis (and our affiliated websites) are trading names of Coleman Projects Limited
Coleman Projects Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 04814240
Registered Office: 19-20 Bourne Court, Southend Road, IG8 8HB
Customer Services Office: 7 High Street, Borough Green, TN15 8BN